Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Help


click on image to enlarge 
You're enjoying this blog post and its accompanying photo courtesy of the ten-pack of SD cards I purchased from Amazon.  Yes, Amazon.  Competitive pricing, fast delivery and a vast selection a key stroke away - all from the warming glow of my laptop.  Amazon is pretty amazing - wouldn't you agree?  I digress.

I had a suspicion that any number of my twenty or so older SD cards were becoming faulty or harboring flaws because the trail cameras were not rendering the usual number of photos they should.  Software updates and fresh batteries didn't make a lick of difference so there was little evidence of fault in any of the Moultrie trail cameras.  The frustrating part of all of this was there wasn't a particular pattern.  No diagnostics revealed which card would predictably fail and all of the cards look alike.  Nevertheless, my pal Smokey Joe told me awhile ago that memory cards wear-out eventually and become failure-prone.  So, I purchased a new supply of cards and deployed them in the five trail cameras for a couple of weeks.  I fetched them on Sunday.

Voilà!  Pictures produced on all five cameras.  Old cards went into a Ziploc to keep them out of circulation and for later disposal.  I date-stamped the new cards with a Sharpie.

More pictures are in the queue and the cameras are performing their patient duty.  It is remarkable indeed how the hired help around here figured this out and by process of elimination solved the technological riddle.  It's hard to find good help nowadays but the staff here at The Platz is hardly ever asleep at the switch.  Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment