Saturday, July 8, 2017

.17 HMR

 click on images to enlarge

This is a Savage Model 93R17 Cal .17 HMR.  This rifle came into my possession during my trip to Mississippi last month.  It has been entrusted to my care for a very good reason; however, that's a story for another time and another post.

In any event, it had some minor maintenance issues so I performed a complete disassembly of the piece, gave it a thorough scrubbing, oiling and reassembly.  




I added a sling and a pair of scope covers too.

This afternoon I took it out back and ran a half-box of rounds thru it and within 25 shots I do believe I have it dialed-in.

A straight shooter entrusted to me by another straight shooter.




Edit to add:  Two inch group - fifty yards - give or take.  No laser rangefinder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment