Saturday, June 18, 2016

Dump Day

Periodic Saturdays are dump day.

Without curbside pickup of trash and recyclables people that live in rural America generally haul their stuff to the town dump.  In this case it happens to be The Brussels Waste Disposal Facility.
click on the dumpster to enlarge

Call it what you will it is still the dump.  

The road to the north of The Platz is still called Dump Road because until the four lane highway came through that was the road to the dump.  Nowadays the road north of Hwy 57 is called Orchard View Lane (although it is still the road to the dump).  But I digress.

I offloaded the trash and recyclables and on the way home spotted this doe by the side of the road. 


She just stood there watching me while I snapped a picture and as I crawled forward with the truck she bounded into the woods.  

Who needs a trail camera anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment