Wednesday, June 22, 2016

How to Hide a Cell Tower

When I first spied this I thought - What the hell?  Looks like a tree trunk with artificial branches and nubbins - lots of nubbins - sticking out all over it.

click on the fake tree to enlarge

Then it occurred to me.  

Cell tower.  In the middle of Baileys Harbor disguised like a giant, artificial, white pine.  Just like a fake Christmas tree all of those knobs on this tannenbaum are for the additional branches. 

I suppose that if you're not acutely aware of your surroundings or just passing through town you might not give this fixture a second glance.  I happened to be standing directly below it so it was pretty hard to miss.  In any event, I have to wonder how the cellular company is going to disguise the microwave transmitters at the top. 

Eagle nest maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment