Monday, June 20, 2016

Wisconsin Foodie

Last Saturday I ran into Kyle Cherek at the Door County Beer Festival following the Peninsula Centuries Spring Classic bike ride.

click on image to enlarge

Wisconsin Foodie is one of my favorite food shows (and I like food shows) and I thought I might pester the host for a photo with one of his fans.

Turns-out he rather liked my Swill Brothers cycling jersey.  Appropriate attire for the beer fest.  Asking about the background I shared that The First Mate and I used to brew beer in my basement and that we have three Wisconsin State Fair ribbons to show for our efforts.  The Swill Brother's Brewery is presently mothballed - packed and stored in The First Mate's basement.  It could be reconstituted quickly in the event of a national emergency or my retirement.

Go here to watch some of the prior episodes of Kyle Cherek as he eats his way across Wisconsin.

Raising a toast to Wisconsin Public Television.

No comments:

Post a Comment