Sunday, August 14, 2016

Blogging About the Blog

Things have been pretty quiet here at the old blog basically because there hasn't been much extra time to sit in front of the warming glow of a laptop and talk about life here at The Platz.

As I tap-out this post things are finally quiet, calm and collected.  They guys have left.  Which was not the case yesterday when Six Deuce got stung by a yellow jacket wasp and went into anaphylactic shock.

I ended-up rushing him to the hospital.  When I say rush - I mean rush.  I was already speeding over the limit and he turns to me and says - It would be okay if you'd like to drive 80 miles an hour.

In any event a dose of epinephrine an EKG and rest pronounced him fit to return.  Back at camp the guys prepared a celebratory feast for everyone when we returned.


I think I roll with a pretty solid group of friends.

Another memorable Schützenfest.


*Health tip if you are allergic to insect stings:  If you are stung and begin to manifest systemic symptoms - hives, rash, itchy palms or balls, tingling lips, trouble hearing, etc. - anything beyond the site of the sting you need to immediately administer a dose of epinephrine with your Epi-Pen.  DO NOT DELAY!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment