Friday, August 26, 2016

The Trouble With Deer

A week ago I was sitting at my desk at the day job when an email from The Frau showed-up.  Attached to it was a picture of a small deer in the yard adjacent to the driveway.  The message said that the deer scampered from the yard, across the the road  and into the ditch adjacent to the cornfield to the south.  No sign of mama.  Middle of the day.  Probably picking at the apples that fell from the tree or an opportunity to raid my garden.

Today I was busying myself in the kitchen making pickles when the dogs (previously lounging on the porch) broke into a cacophony of frenzied barking.

Looking out the window I spied a small, spotted, fawn on the driveway.  It skedaddled across the road and into the ditch adjacent to the cornfield to the south.  No sign of mama. Middle of the day.  Probably picking at the apples under the tree or looking for something to filch from the garden.

I texted The Frau and shared the story inquiring if it might be the same deer.  As it turns out it wasn't.  Both were smaller, but mine had spots, her deer did not.

That's bold.

No comments:

Post a Comment