Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Eagle III

The Frau insists that I am wrong about this but I am convinced that the air ambulance based in Green Bay uses our house as a navigation landmark.  

She will tell you that the Eagle III chopper follows the four lane highway up the Door peninsula.  I will tell you that the four lane is further to the west and nothing else could account for the EMS air crew to pilot their aircraft directly over the house.  I have blogged about this before.  Just go to the labels on the left of the homepage.

Just this past weekend.

Heading northeast in a hurry.


And 28 minutes later heading back to Green Bay in a big hurry.


click on images to enlarge

I have no idea what the peninsula would do without this service as it's a minimum 90 to 120 minute drive from some of furthest communities to Green Bay.

If any of you pilots have a navigation explanation I would appreciate your chiming-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment