Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Guess The Critter

Last week I posted a photo of some tracks paralleling the south bank of Silver Creek.  I guessed they were left by a weasel.  Nevertheless, I sent a photo to my pal who is a biologist with the UW-Madison Department of Forest and Wildlife Ecology.  You know her - she's the same person mentioned in Sunday's post.

She suggested mink - so I wasn't too far off.







Last weekend while out turkey hunting I came across these tracks.  About the same size as the mink tracks but in single file.  A critter walking deliberately and not leaping in fits and starts like a weasel.









My guess is feral cat.  

I'll save pestering my biologist friend for the difficult critter identification.


click on images for a closer look
 

No comments:

Post a Comment