Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Trail Camera Tales - Chapter 1

If you follow this blog you may recall that last month I made a giant batch of homemade chicken soup.  And as a consequence of that project there remained a giant batch of chicken bones and meat schnibbles.  Which I filled an entire gallon Ziploc bag.  And froze for some scheme I had up my sleeve.  On Monday, April 2nd I hatched the scheme.  I deposited the frozen bag of chicken parts directly in front of a trail camera to see who might pay a visit.  1944 photos later I’ve assembled a compilation of the events as they unfolded.  I left the date and time stamp on each photo for purposes of documenting the chronology.   Check back daily for a day by day update of the over six days of what happens to chicken parts.

Monday, April 2 – The very last thing I did before leaving town was to hike over the trail camera situated a couple hundred yards from the house and deposit the contents of a gallon Ziploc bag five feet from the camera.  It was a frozen block of compacted chicken bones and meat bits and I figured it would be irresistible to the critters.  Predictably, within minutes the first of a bazillion visiting crows (Corvus brachyrhynchos)  arrived along with our resident Red-tail hawk (Buteo jamaicensis).

Click on any image to enlarge
 










No comments:

Post a Comment