Sunday, September 6, 2020

Earth Moving

By the time you are reading this I fully expect it to be raining.  As a consequence  yesterday was a busy day of deadlines.  Namely, to complete brushing-out 3.5+ miles of trails and pushing the biggest deadfalls and obstacles out of the way.  I can follow-up with a pruner later to remove the smaller hazards to navigation.

With rain in the forecast I wanted to begin some of the trail remediation work before it got too squishy.


That included excavating and installing a water diversion pipe under a section of north-south trail just after the turn.  


Hopefully, no further washouts and rutting.  Time will tell.


I also moved additional fill into a couple of serious low spots approaching Silver Creek.


Between back-filling the pipe install and filling the low spots I must've moved several tons of pit-run

Edit to add a trail camera photo

It's a small matter to remove and pitch the larger rocks and the smaller ones will become compressed into the roadbed by driving over it with the tractor and Mule.

More work ahead of me but this is a good start.  I felt like a kid again pushing dirt and rocks around.

On the list is measuring, cutting and installing treated plywood seating and seat backs for three of the metal tripod deer stands. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment