Monday, September 7, 2020

Look-Up!

Four years ago I was out brushing trails and clearings like I ordinarily do this time of year and later discovered I had a close encounter with a nest of bald faced hornets hanging in a white pine.

I never took notice of the nest at the time and as a consequence took no special measures to avoid knocking it from the tree with the roll bar of the tractor.

My Guardian Angel earned some hazardous-duty pay that particular afternoon as it was a close call with the wasps.

Ever since then I have been particularly attentive to be aware of my surroundings and always look-up before driving under any tree branches that might be shaken or disturbed by any chores I am performing.  

Like this nest of bald faced hornets.


That Mama Jama is bigger than a basketball and was one of two I spotted Friday and Saturday and gave a wide berth so as not to disturb the inhabitants.

It's one thing to watch where you step to avoid tripping and falling.  Yet sound advice to look-up too.

Trust me on this....

No comments:

Post a Comment