Thursday, September 22, 2016

Paying Yourself First

Like I pointed out three months ago one way to profit from running for office is to pay yourself first.
Donald Trump’s campaign has paid his various businesses or a member of the the Trump family more than $8.2 million.  That amounts to roughly seven percent (7%) of his total campaign spending.  That's quite a haircut (pun intended).

What I find particularly fascinating is this:
 
If I maintained a private email server for purposes of routing emails for my day job I would lose my job.  Yup, I would be fired.
 
If I engaged in self-dealing - for any amount of money - much less $8.2 million I would lose my job.  Yup, I would be fired.
 
The campaigns of the two candidates for the office of president has all the appeal of a raging out of control, stinking, smoking dumpster fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment