Sunday, September 11, 2016

Remembering

Fifteen years ago I was driving to the day job listening to Tom Clark on WHAD Wisconsin Public Radio.  Clark was interviewing someone in Manhattan on an unrelated subject when the interviewee interrupted the interview to share that first responders were arriving at the site of the World Trade Center following reports of a small aircraft striking one of the twin towers.

At the office I joined my Senior Partner to watch events unfold on cable television.  As we watched a second aircraft (a large one) struck the second tower.

At that point we knew that America was under attack.

I watched until the collapse of a tower and returned - shaken - to my own digs.  I could not wrap my mind around the fire and police who had rushed into the towers bent upon saving lives.  After the markets were ordered closed I returned home to hug my wife and kid.  Dad joined us later for supper.

Things have never been quite right since.

From an earlier life are these photos from the archive...

 click images to enlarge
 
 One World Trade Center Tower
 Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges

 View North From the Top of One World Trade Center

 Verrazano Narrows Bridge on the Horizon

No comments:

Post a Comment