Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Cryin Shame

click image to enlarge

It's crying shame for sure.  Yup, those onions might just make you cry if you began to slice one.  But the real shame is that is the 2016 crop in it's entirety.

With all the rain we received this year about half of the onions developed root rot that made them unsuitable for table fare.  Sure I could have harvested them earlier and cut my losses but they would have been about half the size.

Six of one half a dozen of the other I suppose. 

These have been curing on a tarp in the machine shed for about a month and all I had to do is don my garden gloves, give them a rub to remove a layer of dry skin along with the dirt and snip-off the dried top.  

I'll bag them and put them in cold storage in the beer fridge in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment